Trust is a quality and experience that is an important foundation for change. It is important in all relationships, and most important to trust yourself. Use this meditation to cultivate the experience of trust in your life and in your self. Use the Trust WaterPrayer glass first, before you use Acceptance, Love and Understanding.
To use the Trust WaterPrayer glass for meditation, follow these simple steps:
- Find a place where you can sit comfortably, relaxed and without interruption (turn off those cell phones!)
- Fill the Trust glass with good, filtered, clean water, as free of contaminants as your situation permits. Place it on a table in front of you or hold it in your hands.
- Sit with your back supported and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold the glass. Close your eyes. Hold the idea of Trust in your heart.
- Do not try to think about anything. Let any thoughts that come into your consciousness simply flow; don’t challenge anything as being right or wrong.
- Let your breathing become slowed, regular, and deep, using your diaphragm (‘belly breathing’).
- Simply let things ‘be,’ and if you have thoughts or emotions that cause you to feel either sadness, joy, or anything in between, simply feel what is there. Do not try to think it through, dismiss, or embrace it.
- When you reach a point where you can feel the experience of Trust, you can open your eyes and let go of the glass.
- Lastly, drink the water in the Trust glass. Make a statement that is your own version of something like this: “I Trust myself to handle the process of change, transformation and growth. I know that I have the strength to bring more Trust, Acceptance, Love and Understanding into my life.”
That’s it! You’re done. Meditating on a regular basis is proven to have many health benefits, and meditating on Trust before you move to using the WaterPrayer Acceptance glass is an important step.
Ready for the next step, meditating on Acceptance? Please click here.