Acceptance is based on an understanding that we must deal with what is happening, and that we cannot ignore it or wish it away.
It’s often true that things happen in life we wish had not, painful experiences, events or changes that still feel ‘fresh,’ as if it happened just the other day. These painful episodes often are difficult to process and integrate. The experience of Acceptance does not mean that they are ever okay, or that by accepting something we are condoning anything. Acceptance is more an emotional place (state) of non-reactivity and understanding. It means that we know something for what it is, rather than what we wish it were.
To use the Acceptance WaterPrayer glass for meditation, follow these simple steps:
- Find a place where you can sit comfortably, relaxed and without interruption (turn off those cell phones!)
- Fill the Acceptance glass with good, filtered, clean water, as free of contaminants as your situation permits. Place it on a table in front of you or hold it in your hands.
- Sit with your back supported and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold the glass. Close your eyes. Hold the idea of Acceptance in your heart.
- Do not try to think about anything. Let any thoughts that come into your consciousness simply flow; don’t challenge anything as being right or wrong.
- Let your breathing become slowed, regular, and deep, using your diaphragm (‘belly breathing’).
- Simply let things ‘be,’ and if you have thoughts or emotions that cause you to feel either sadness, joy, or anything in between, simply feel what is there. Do not try to think it through, dismiss, or embrace it.
- When you reach a point where you can feel the experience of Acceptance, you can open your eyes and let go of the glass.
- Lastly, drink the water in the Acceptance glass. Make a statement that is your own version of something like this: “I accept things as they are, and I know that I have the strength to bring more Trust, Acceptance, Love and Understanding into my life.”
That’s it! You’re done. Meditating on a regular basis is proven to have many health benefits, and meditating on Acceptance before you move to using the WaterPrayer Love glass is an important step.
Ready for the next step, meditating on Love? Please click here.